IGSB, Core Member, Sr. Fellow,
- Director, Institute for Genomics & Systems Biology
- Professor, Department of Human Genetics
900 East 57th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
The University of Chicago
Phone: (773) 834-3913
Fax: (773) 834-2877
Mapping the regulatory wiring diagrams encoded in genomes is key to understanding development, disease and evolution. The White lab studies the coordinated action of networks of genes that control developmental and evolutionary processes. We have particular focus on building genome-wide models of transcriptional networks, and we use an integrated approach that makes use of gene expression microarrays, large-scale protein-protein and protein-DNA interaction analyses, systematic RNAi analysis and high throughput polymorphism detection. By applying our methods to both closely and distantly related species, we are investigating how conserved molecular networks control basic developmental processes and how variation in molecular networks translates into variation in organismal phenotypes. We are particularly interested in the transcriptional networks controlled by nuclear receptor proteins in development and disease. We also are studying the transcriptional mechanisms involved in patterning early embryos. We make use of the compact Drosophila genome and the genomes of related species as model systems for many of our studies, and recently we have also begun to apply these genomics and computational approaches to investigations of the human genome.
- Zodiac: A Comprehensive Depiction of Genetic Interactions in Cancer by Integrating TCGA Data
- Yorkie promotes transcription by recruiting a histone methyltransferase complex
- Widespread genetic epistasis among cancer genes
- Whole genome resequencing of experimental populations reveals polygenic basis of egg size variation
- Transcription Factor Networks In Drosophila Melanogaster
- The spectrum of somatic mutations in high-risk acute myeloid leukaemia with -7/del(7q).
- The different morphologies of urachal adenocarcinoma do not discriminate genomically by micro-RNA
- Su(H)-mediated repression positions gene boundaries along the dorsal-ventral axis of Drosophila
- SPOP promotes tumorigenesis by acting as a key regulatory hub in kidney cancer.
- Rare occurrence of EGFRvIII deletion in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
- Protein quantitative trait Loci identify novel candidates modulating cellular response to chemo.
- Pri peptides are mediators of ecdysone for the temporal control of development
- Oral cavity tumors in younger patients show a poor prognosis and do not contain viral RNA
- Nfkb1 is a haploinsufficient DNA damage-specific tumor suppressor
- Low grade prostate cancer diverges early from high grade and metastatic disease.
- Juvenile hormone and its receptor, methoprene-tolerant, control the dynamics of mosquito gene
- Integrative and comparative genomic analysis of HPV-positive and HPV-negative head and neck squamous
- Integrative analysis of head and neck cancer identifies two biologically distinct HPV
- Integrated genomic analyses of ovarian carcinoma
- Identification of Functional Elements and Regulatory Circuits by Drosophila modENCODE
- Genomic antagonism between retinoic acid and estrogen signaling in breast cancer
- Genomic analysis of estrogen cascade reveals histone variant H2A.Z associated with breast cancer
- Genetic pathways leading to therapy-related myeloid neoplasms
- Evolution of H3K27me3-marked chromatin is linked to gene expression
- Dominant Role of Oncogene Dosage and Absence of Tumor Suppressor Activity in Nras-Driven Hematopoiet
- Diverse patterns of genomic targeting by transcriptional regulators in Drosophila melanogaster.
- Defining functional DNA elements in the human genome
- Consequences of eukaryotic enhancer architecture for gene expression dynamics, development
- Comparison of the Genome Sequences of “Candidatus Portiera aleyrodidarum” Primary Endosymbionts
- Comparative Analysis of Regulatory Information and Circuits Across Distant Species
- Chromatin occupancy analysis reveals genome-wide GATA factor switching during hematopoiesis
- Bionimbus: a cloud for managing, analyzing and sharing large genomics datasets.
- Bionimbus: a cloud for managing, analyzing and sharing large genomics datasets
- Ancestral resurrection of the Drosophila S2E enhancer reveals accessible evolutionary paths
- Analysis of Drosophila segmentation network IDs a JNK pathway factor overexpressed in kidney cancer
- An integrated genomic approach to the assessment and treatment of acute myeloid leukemia
- Adaptive evolution and the birth of CTCF binding sites in the Drosophila genome
- A novel mechanism of inherited TBG deficiency: mutation in a liver-specific enhancer
- A conserved eEF2 coding variant in SCA26 leads to loss of translational fidelity and increased
- A comprehensive map of insulator elements for the Drosophila genome
- A cis-regulatory map of the Drosophila genome
- A Vision for a Biomedical Cloud
- A Nondegenerate Code of Deleterious Variants in Mendelian Loci Contributes to Complex Disease Risk
- A Comprehensive Nuclear Receptor Network for Breast Cancer Cells