Folker Meyer Lab
University of Chicago
Research Institute Suite 405
5640 South Ellis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 South Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
Phone: (630) 252-3261
About the Lab
Dr. Meyer builds research software to study microbial communities.
His research interests include microbial ecology, distributed high performance computing and big data. He leads the MG-RAST project, providing what is currently the most widely used metagenomics and metatranscriptomics analysis platform with. MG-RAST has analyzed over 100,000 data sets analyzed in early 2014.
Kyrpides NC, et al. Genomic encyclopedia of bacteria and archaea: sequencing a myriad of type strains
PLoS Biol. 2014 Aug 5. eCollection 2014 Aug.
Handley KM, et al. The complete genome sequence for putative H2 - and S-oxidizer Candidatus Sulfuricurvum sp., assembled de novo from an aquifer-derived metagenome
Environ Microbiol. 2014 Mar 14. [Epub ahead of print]
Glass EM, et al. MIxS-BE: a MIxS extension defining a minimum information standard for sequence data from the built environment
ISME J. 2014 Jan 8. Epub 2013 Oct 24. No abstract available.
Folker Meyer Lab
Senior Software Engineer, Computation Institute, University of Chicago
Argonne, Core Member, Sr. Fellow,
Computational Biologist, Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratories
Senior Fellow, Computation Institute, The University of Chicago
Additional Lab Members
- Jared Bischof, MSc
- Dan Braithewaite, BSc
- Mark D'Souza, PhD
- Wolfgang Gerlach, PhD
- Elizabeth Glass, PhD
- Travis Harrison, MSc
- Adina Chuang Howe, PhD
- Kevin Keegan, PhD
- Tobias Paczian, MSc
- Will Trimble, PhD
- Wei Tang, PhD
- Andreas Wilke, MSc
- Kim Handley
- Jared Wilkening
- Hunter Matthews
- A MIxS extension defining a minimum info standard for sequence data from the built environment
- A metagenomics portal for a democratized sequencing world.
- Draft genome sequence of Achromobacter piechaudii strain HLE.
- Draft genome sequence of Agrobacterium albertimagni strain AOL15.
- Functional predictions from inference and observation in sequence-based inflammatory bowel disease
- Rapid quantification of sequence repeats to resolve the size, structure and contents
- The complete genome sequence for putative H₂- and S-oxidizer Candidatus Sulfuricurvum sp., assembled
- The founding charter of the Genomic Observatories Network.